RIC provides customized information products for specific information needs.
Small Farm Funding Resources
USDA. NAL. Rural Information Center.
Starting your own farm business offers rewards that range from being your own boss and working at something you enjoy, to earning income for yourself. A successful farm operation requires careful planning and sometimes financial assistance. This online guide provides links to existing resources available to farmers and ranchers.
- Alternatives to Waste Disposal
- Arts and Humanities Programs in Rural America
- Downtown Revitalization
- Guide to Funding Resources
- Historic Preservation Resources
- Promoting Tourism in Rural America
- Retirement Communities in Rural America
- Rural Fire Department Resources for Local Officials
- Rural Health Services Funding: a Resource Guide
- Rural Homeland Security Resources for Local Officials
- Rural Housing Resources
- Small Farm Funding Sources
- Starting a Child Care Center
- Starting a Small Business
- Volunteer and Nonprofit Organization Resources
- What Is Rural?
Rural and Community Development Archives
- Find older Rural Information Center Publications in the National Agricultural Library Archive.
These items were given permission to be accessible from this website, but are not produced by the Rural Information Center.
- Federal Rural Development Policy in the Twentieth Century
- Food Stamps: 1932-1977: From Provisional and Pilot Programs to permanent Policy
- Public Transportation on the Move in Rural America
- Rural Tourism: An Annotated Bibliography
- Stories Across America: Opportunities for Rural Tourism, ( PDF | 3.19 MB)